Now, we fully understand the reason behind budget-oriented home improvement projects. They’re more accessible, get more things done, and are perfect for getting the best return on investment in the short-term. But, just because something is more costly and will require some extra number crunching doesn’t mean you should avoid them altogether, especially if we’re talking about home improvement projects because this is your house!
If you’re planning to live there for the foreseeable future and have zero plans of moving out, then you’ll want the place to be as beautiful, comfortable, and representative of all the things you love. Of course, unless you’re tight on money and need to save, you can afford to splurge a little since it is your home. So, today we’ll be looking at some luxury home improvement projects to work toward.
Why Even Bother To Pay Big?
Some would argue that even budget-oriented home improvement projects and more affordable renovations can even match the added value of costly renovations, and we won’t deny that. But, after a certain threshold, the price premium you pay for guaranteed quality will continue to push higher as inexpensive materials start to hit their ceiling. So, if you’re okay with something within the high-average, then, by all means, stick to what works for you. However, if you want to try something new, then here are some great goals to choose from.
#1 Adding A Sunroom
If you’re gunning for a more modern aesthetic, then we strongly recommend looking through a couple of sunroom ideas because nothing beats how gorgeous these room additions can look on a home. You get plenty of visibility, extra room for lounging or hobbies, and a fulfilling project from start to finish. Just imagining the view from outside can give you goosebumps at how more beautiful your house could look!
- Flexible Space: One distinct advantage to getting a sunroom is how flexible the room can be. And, depending on your needs or unique tastes, they can take the form of extra living space, a green room, or maybe a personal gym. There’s so much you can experiment with if you’re willing to try and have the cash to back it up.
- Great Value: Despite sunroom additions being a big project, they’re generally more affordable than other costly home improvement projects. They have the highest potential to get the most from forced appreciation because no one in this world wouldn’t enjoy extra living space.
#2 Install A Backyard Pool
Room additions aren’t for everyone, but if you’re the type the loves to party, have a lot of fun, and prefer spending your time outside — then why not consider installing a backyard pool? From spending time with the family to inviting a few close friends over for a swim, a swimming pool is a great luxury improvement to invest toward. Plus, everyone’s probably been itching to swim for the longest time now.
- Much-Needed Recreation: Look, while we enjoy our fair share of binge-watching Netflix shows, revisiting our favorite anime, and hopping online to play some games — we all need some diversity in our choice of recreation. Installing a backyard pool will give you more stuff to do and get your butt off the couch. Plus, you can even get a custom pool contractor to add luxury features.
- Perfect For Workouts: We’ll be honest, staying inside hasn’t done well for workout motivation, and we know a lot of people have also fallen victim to just sleeping in and slacking off on their fitness goals. However, with your backyard pool, you get an alternative to your workouts — swimming. And you can be having fun while you burn off that extra fat.
#3 Full-Blown Kitchen Remodeling
Lastly, and possibly one of the most expensive home improvement projects, a full-blown kitchen remodeling stands at the top. Sure, you could contest that a full-blown house renovation is undeniably more expensive, but nothing bests the kitchen when it comes to individual rooms. There’s just plenty to work with, like storage space, center islands, and all the necessary appliances, just to name a few.
- New “Everything”: The kitchen is easily the most frequented room in the house next to your bedroom, but it also sees the most action and impact from wear and tear. A full-blown kitchen remodeling will result in new everything meaning you’ll get stuff that’s modern and easy to use. Plus, throwing out or garage selling old stuff is very therapeutic.
Of Course, Don’t Spend All Your Savings
Now, before you go ahead and start preparing a budget plan for your next luxury home improvement projects, we want to emphasize the importance of making smart and responsible financial decisions. You wouldn’t want to ruin yourself financially just for a renovation, so choose what you can afford and don’t risk all of your savings.